We all crave a little individuality in this world. After all, being a responsible adult can get a little dull at times. Perhaps you’re one of the millions of people who thought getting a unique tattoo was a cool way to stand out from the crowd. Now that some time has passed since that fateful decision, wouldn’t you just love the chance to sit your younger self down and discuss any one of these common tattoo fails?
Do You Have One of These Cringe-Worthy Tattoos?
You may have suspected for some time that you’re walking around with a bad tattoo, so brace yourself…you may be about to learn the truth. Here are (in our humble opinion) the top five top tattoo fails:
- It’s Too Trendy: Once upon a time, someone decided to get a tattoo of a feather with small birds flying out of it. Before long, the design was all over the Internet and became most requested in tattoo parlors everywhere. It made you feel special at the time, but now you’re tired of it. (Ironically, now the thought of getting rid of the tattoo gives you more of a sense of individuality than having it ever did.)
- No One Can Read It: In a quest to be different, you went with a font that no one can actually read – including you. And you’re probably getting really tired of people asking you what it says. Maybe you don’t even remember what it says since you can’t read it.
- Young Love Gone Wrong: When you’re young and in love, the idea that it might not last forever doesn’t cross your mind. In fact, you’re so sure you’ve found your soul mate that you have his or her name tattooed on your body. So even though you broke up three months later, the name remains as a constant reminder. As in always.
- Just Plain Obnoxious: Being racist, sexist, or crude isn’t cool in polite society. The last thing you want is to have a sentiment that falls into one of these categories permanently inked on your body. A tattoo is one of those things where poor judgment from the past has the power to haunt you forever.
- Boring: It’s amazing how many people go to the trouble of getting a tattoo and then don’t put any thought into being original. The scroll and barbed wire biceps, for example, is a sure-fire way to invite yawns instead of admiration.
Are You Ready for Removal?
If you’re guilty as charged of one of these tattoo fails, don’t despair. Tattoo removal is easier and less time-consuming than it has ever been. At Dermatology Associates, we use the state-of-the-art PicoSure® laser to remove tattoos quickly and efficiently. You can get rid of it forever and have a clean slate.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can erase your offending tattoo, click here to schedule a consultation with Dermatology Associates today.
Dermatology Associates offers a full spectrum of leading edge medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology services from offices in Savannah and Vidalia.