Do you ever wonder just who that person is who’s staring back at you in the mirror? You know, the one who claims to be you, but has all those lines and wrinkles? Where did she come from? Luckily, you have options. Outpatient procedures like dermal fillers and injectables can help make the image in the mirror match the one you fondly remember. It’s just a matter of deciding which procedure is best to help restore the healthy, youthful appearance you desire.
Dermal Filler Options
It’s a fact of life that your face loses subcutaneous fat the older you get. This type of fat has nothing to do with being overweight. It’s what gives your face the plumpness and fullness many people associate with youth. As it starts to disappear, the muscles in your face appear closer to the skin. Dermal fillers restore lost volume, as well as help diminish facial lines.
Here are four popular types you may wish to consider:
- Belotero Balance®: This product fills in small gaps beneath the surface of your skin to diminish the appearance of laugh lines and other lines around your lips.
- Radiesse®: If you’re bothered by sunken cheeks, smile lines, marionette lines, and wrinkling on your hands, Radiesse could be the right dermal filler for you. It fills in lines and wrinkles in addition to restoring volume to your face.
- Restylane®: Restylane is ideal for treating moderate skin folds and wrinkles. It increases the smoothness of your skin and restores a younger-looking contour. Additionally, this product can enhance the appearance of your lips.
- Sculptra®: If you’re looking to replace lost collagen, then Sculptra is the dermal filler for you. A single treatment can give you results that last up to two years.
Dynamic wrinkles are those that appear on your forehead, furrows between your eyebrows, and fine lines around your eyes. We recommend an injectable treatment for these types wrinkles. When your dermatologist gives you an injectable, it weakens the muscles that enable facial expression. This flattens out your wrinkles. You may need several treatments to achieve your desired results.
At Dermatology Associates, we offer Botox®, Xeomin®, and Dysport® injectables because we believe them to be the best options.
- Botox: Most people have heard of Botox because it has been around the longest. It’s an excellent option for reducing the severity of crow’s feet as well as frown lines that are moderate to severe in nature.
- Xeomin: Xeomin treats lines across your forehead and between your eyebrows. It is also appropriate for crow’s feet.
- Dysport: The Dysport injectable smoothes moderate to severe wrinkles, but it has no effect on untreated areas.
Although some people have heard that injectables make it impossible for them to have any facial expression, this is just not true. You’ll actually appreciate not hearing from others that you look worried or asking if you’re angry because of the lines between your eyebrows!
If you’d like to learn more about dermal fillers and injectables, please click here to decide which treatment is right for your specific situation.
Dermatology Associates offers a full spectrum of leading edge medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology services from offices in Savannah and Vidalia.